All these images are tested and working. we have tested all these images in both EVE-NG and VMware workstation.
Download the Below NSX-T images (ESXi , vCenter , NSX Manager) for both EVE-NG and VMware workstation from below given links:
NOTE: ESXi OVA file can also be use on EVE-NG and its username / password is admin / [email protected]!
TIP: ESXi works fine in EVE-NG. But when you will try to add vCenter and NSX manager. it gives the errors. I was checked with different versions and every time faced different issue. but one issue was common that ESXi reboots/shutdown automatically when we push the vcenter and NSX manager. So my suggestion is, you should setup your NSX-T lab on VMware workstation.
How to add ESXi in EVE-NG:
- Download the ESXi image from above given link.
2. SSH to EVE and login as root, from cli and create temporary working folder abc on the EVE’s root:
mkdir abc cd abc
3. Upload the downloaded OVA image to the EVE root/abc using for example FileZilla / WinSCP.
4. Extract OVA image, for further use we will need on ISO install CD which is inside OVA.
tar xvf Nested_ESXi6.5d_Appliance_Template_v1.0.ova
5. Convert vmdk hdd to the qcow2 format.
/opt/qemu/bin/qemu-img convert -f vmdk -O qcow2 Nested_ESXi6.5d_Appliance_Template_v1.0-disk1.vmdk hda.qcow2
6. Create another hdd in qcow2 format. It will be your ESXi storage hdd. Optional, you can create more than one storage hdd, names for storage hdd will be hdb, hdc. In this step I create single storage hdd. Exaample 100GB. Dont worry, it does not reserve 100GB on your eve hdd, but creating just a frame for it.
/opt/qemu/bin/qemu-img create -f qcow2 hdb.qcow2 100G
7. Create new image folder as below
mv hda.qcow2 hdb.qcow2 /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/esxi-vSphere-6.5d/
8. Move your created prepared image files hda.qcow2 and hdb.qcow2 to the image folder
9. Remove temporary directory abc and fix permissions
cd rm -rf abc /opt/unetlab/wrappers/unl_wrapper -a fixpermissions
Username and password for newly created image will be root/VMware1!
The recommendation for this image is to assign x4 or better CPU, and give 8GB or more RAM.