Mobility Controller Virtual (VMC)Appliance managed by Aruba’s Mobility Conductor or deployed standalone, runs ArubaOS to deliver industry leading network services that maximize Wi-Fi performance, ensure seamless roaming and extends secure VPN access for Remote Access Points (APs), Instant APs and VIA VPN clients.
The VMC also serves as the key policy enforcement agent within the Dynamic Segmentation. Enforcement is accomplished through an industry-first user firewall (PEF), built-in Layer 7 application visibility and control, and web content filtering ( WebCC ).
As part of a controller cluster managed by Mobility Conductor, the VMC takes advantage of the full ArubaOS feature set, including AI-powered AirMatch, live firmware upgrades and secure multi-tenant SSID segmentation ( MultiZone ).
With support for up to 1,000 APs, the VMC is deployed over existing virtualization environments, including VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V and open-source KVM for maximum flexibility. You can download the Aruba VMC image from given below download button at bottom of this post.
How to add Aruba VMC in EVE-NG ?
- Download the File from below given download button.
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Upload the file into EVE-NG using FileZilla or Win SCP.
- Login in EVE-NG CLI via SSH.
- Create the directory and uncompress the file using below commands.
Note: Please keep in mind that file name can be different in given example and download files. So please copy the file name from downloaded files and replace with file names given in example commands.
mkdir abc cd abc tar xf ArubaOS_VMC_184.108.40.206_59206.ova
6. Covert the disk files into Had.qcow2 and Hdb.qcow2 using below commands.
/opt/qemu/bin/qemu-img convert -f vmdk -O qcow2 ArubaOS_VMC_220.127.116.11_59206-disk1.vmdk hda.qcow2 /opt/qemu/bin/qemu-img convert -f vmdk -O qcow2 ArubaOS_VMC_18.104.22.168_59206-disk2.vmdk hdb.qcow2
7. Create a folder and move the files into this folder using below commands.
mkdir -p /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/aruba-VMC-22.214.171.124-59206 mv virtioa.qcow2 /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/aruba-VMC-126.96.36.199-59206 mv virtiob.qcow2 /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/aruba-VMC-188.8.131.52-59206
8. Remove the temporary files and fix the permissions using below commands.
cd .. rm -rf abc /opt/unetlab/wrappers/unl_wrapper -a fixpermissions
How to add Aruba VMC in GNS3 ?
- Download the file from below given download button.
- Extract the ZIP file.
- You can follow the procedure from the below given website links
Download the Aruba VMC from below given download button: